What Dave is Reading

Monday, December 11, 2006

Update to "The Awakening"

This Sunday's Washington Post, Sunday Source section, had a road trip idea that left my mouth gaping. It took readers around little know parts of Downtown DC, past the Big Chair and over to "The Awakening". I was astonished to see the exact same pictures and trip ideas that I found off of Roadside America and from the TravelZoo Unleashed DC video.

I found this all to be very amusing. The back page of the Sunday Source had pictures from every stop on the trip, but the article only lists a few, not including "The Awakening".

I'm a little annoyed at the post and wish they would have attributed this better. When I look at their "Travel Deals" each week, I've already seen at least half of them a few days earlier. The post needs to shape up and show something special. With all this massive media house has up its sleeve I am surprised at the lack of synergy.

None-the-less, the Washington Post is an excellent newspaper and I continue to be a subscriber.

No comments: